Saturday, January 25, 2014

Land Ho.....

Our first week at sea was adjustment time. I started pilates and my computer class. There are 24 people in the computer class, a sold out class. We meet every sea day for the next 3 months. I figure by the end of the cruise I will know EVERYTHING about Apple. This is good. By the time I know everything they will develop a new product and I will be lost again. Pilates is sold out too, five in this class so we do rotation. I will do this twice a week. Fun, right? Haven't had time to start reading or do my counted cross stitch. Now that I an zeroing in on what I enjoy doing, I will have time to fit these in during the day. Hard to explain. We plan, do, let go, adjust .... sort of like real life. Real life on a World Cruise. My view of my teacher in my computer class. I sit on the end with two people to my right.

 P1060448




 I found the deck Trisha will love....

  P1060445

 This is a great place to walk with your iPod and earphones, as long as the waves are not lapping this deck. We spent one 24 hour period with really rough seas and strong winds. Not up to our balcony but in the dark of night I wasn't really sure..... One of the neat things Crystal does to make us happy is to take requests. If you let them know 24 hours in advance, they will make anything you want. Our first request was steak tartar. ..... Yum.

  P1060451

 Our first two stops were Hawaii, Hilo and Honolulu. We did not get off the ship in Hilo. We were in Hilo a short 6 hours. On the second day in Honolulu David faced his fear and we headed to Ala Moana Mall with the scooter. We love eating at one of Alan Wong's restaurants, The Pineapple Room. I love their Plantation iced tea and their focaccia bread with a homemade aoili. I have been meaning to make this at home as I found the recipe online a few years ago. One of my many got-to-make-someday favorite things.

  P1060494P1060501

 I ordered the bruschetta (tomato, basil,olives and goat cheese). David had a salad, a bento platter (chicken and fish with rice), and their chocolate pudding for desert.

  P1060502P1060506

We also went to a nail spa.... :)

  P1060513

Tonight the 'theme' is Hawaii, go figure. :) There will be a deck party at 10 PM with local dancers. We sail at midnight. Next stop Guam.

 Aloha!





No comments:

Post a Comment