Friday, January 31, 2014

4 Sea Days + Hawaii + 7 Sea Days = Guam

88 degrees. Today is Saturday. Guam on Monday.

What do we do with soooooo many sea days you might ask? Actually I think this is the most days at sea in one sitting we have ever had to date. I am finally feeling at 'home'. It takes about a week to get used to the flow on board. The first few days, I find we try to do it all. The rocking of the ship makes me sleepy for a few days until I get used to that too. After a while I learn what I like, what I want to do, and what is important to me. It changes. It stays the same .... Every night we get a daily schedule of activities. We go through the list and make decisions.

There are 3 lectures daily, games, exercise classes, occasional wine tasting, ship galley tours, dance classes, art classes, card and games, bridge, (tried that a few cruises ago) computer classes..... Do as much or as little as you want. We make plans. We don't always stick to a plan. David and I have different interests. He does his thing. I do mine. Sometimes we meet for a lecture, sometimes not. One day I did not see him till dinner! I spent the day at the pool listening to my first Audio Book. Absolutely loved it. Finished a book in one sitting. I am thinking I didn't download enough books. Will do some more in Guam. If we don't do the show at night, there is a movie in the theater with popcorn... :)


I am not board, I become reflective. I know I am on this ship for 3 months and I know I need to learn how to live in this little piece of the world. It is a LOT like home but in a confined space. If I get bored, then I only have myself to talk into changing my thinking. Hasn't happened yet, but I know it will and when it does t doesn't last long. What is so very nice is that everything is done for us.

  P1060692

 My daily coffee ...... They know me :) Fresh squeezed OJ?, always available......and always YUM. Someone keeps our room clean, twice a day.... fresh fruit always. Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Just coffee? It is done. No dishes, no cleaning. I do laundry. I learned from a new friend carrot juice is good! First try it with 1/2 apple; 1/2 carrot. This is on my list of things to try. We ate at Silk, one of the speciality restaurants, 3 times. I ate sushi :) I used chopsticks, no fork.

  P1060714

 Albert is our new favorite waiter....
  P1060694P1060698

P1060704

I even had the wasabi mustard! OK, so all of it was "cooked" sushi, minor details.

  P1060705

 Miso soup, Bento Box (Lobster,Shrimp,Steak), Shrimp Tempura....... P1060710

P1060713

Sometimes I meet David for lunch in the restaurant, sometimes not. Sometimes we just get a hot dog or just a salad on the top deck. If we miss a lecture, they always tape it so we can watch it on TV. I am in a fun Pilates class where between our groans and complaints there is a lot of laughter. I make Cindy use more weights on her reformer and she chides me to Buck Up and quite whining. :)

Last night was a Speakeasy Party. They had pre dinner party and show for World Cruisers then dinner in a speciality restaurant. Long Island Iced Tea was served in coffee cups. Very sneaky. It took a while for our table to get to know each other, a few glasses of wine, but by the end our table was the last to leave the restaurant. We just spent the whole evening laughing. One of the guys asked two Trivia questions: In the 2012 elections which State had on counties vote for Obama? And 2) Which State had all but one vote for Obama? I think those were the questions. Everyone looked at each other and Dr Jack, the guy next to me knew both answers which floored the whole table. After that David and the Chuck spent the rest of the evening thinking of bribes to get Jack to join their Trivia group. David offered up his Rolex. It was hilarious. I think on a cruise like this everyone shares similar interest of cruising and travel. Always something in common. Always the ice breaker.

  P1060737P1060752 P1060782

 For dinner we had Lobster Salad, Soup, Veal and Bread Pudding Cheesecake. Nicely done. Fun. P1060783

P1060784

P1060787

 We learned we are skipping Bangkok. TRAVEL ALERT! Revising the ship schedule. A declared 60 day state of emergency. Unpredictable and growing violence they say. Instead we are spending 4 nights in Ho Chi Minh City and a new stop, Koh Samui, Thailand. Waiting to see revised tours.

Computer class we had our first test. I talked to myself the whole time. Why am I doing this? I don't care about GB, G, ram, iOS7 or how many generations of iPads there are. I remain in an iFog rather then in an iCloud. Still on the fence about this class. There are too many people in it for one on one. My mini iPad kept spinning while everyone got to their movie page. After my unsuccessful attempts the teacher, Stan, could not get my iPad to get there either, so he just said "Class, let's move on" ......leaving me and my iPad spinning, waiting, waiting, helpless, where is the hope'? .... no completion, kind of like everyday in this class. I asked a computer tec to do it later. It took him 20 minutes to get there so I know it wasn't my fault at least. What did I get on my test? B ....... Stan's tests have multiple answers, maybe..., find the closest most accurate answer, really read the question and or, he throws trick questions in there..... Not fair. I protest. On to Chapter 3. I backed up my computer. I also learned to hit the home button twice to see all the apps you still have running in the background and swipe to delete them.... very cool. We have press reader where we have about 30 movies to watch and an assortment of newspapers we can read free online, downloaded daily, delivered digitally.... very very cool.

The test....

  P1060790 P1060792

P1060793


I can't believe so many days at sea, going 20 knots an hour, all I see is sea. I did fine two rainbows so far. Beautiful. It is getting too hot and humid now. We get a nice day and then a rain day. Life just moves on. We continue to look forward trusting, and waiting for the Captain to take us everywhere, anywhere .... wherever he goes, we willingly follow ..... We are on an adventure.

 Formal Tonight! We are invited to the Captains Quarters for pre dinner cocktails .....






No comments:

Post a Comment