Sunday, July 20, 2014

Cruising the Magdalene Fjord

IMG 0649

AWE. The Magdalene Fjord is magnificent. We spent a few hours navigating into this fjord, in the fjord area itself, doing a full circle in the fjord and sending out our own search and rescue mission. I felt like a little kid again, playing in the fjord with a big boat. I will tell you- it was FRIGID out on deck. Winds just whipped around you. Hands froze on impact as you take a picture. It was brutal in the morning. But, a day like today just can't be matched for what you see, experience and feel. There just are not words to describe the sheer beauty of mother nature. Is this where I say a picture is worth a thousand words?

IMG 0660

Our Captain ordered the crew to do a SEARCH AND RESCUE MISSION at the Magdalene Fjord. "Get some SNOW for our fellow passengers!" He bellowed in his authoritative Captain voice....... That could not be accomplished.

Well then, get some ICE!

ICEBERGS AHOY!

Real icebergs! You could hear the crew on the tender yell with joy all the way back to the ship. :) It was a happy tender for sure. Mission accomplished. Drinks all around I say! Is that cool or what?

IMG 0671

P1030766

P1030768

P1030770
From the Search and Rescue team. Deploy a tender.... Icebergs brought onboard. P1030774

P1030732

P1030756



Heading back to the warmth of my room I met up with a fellow cruiser carrying two cups of hot coffees. MMMM that looks good. What is it? I asked. A "Cafe Nelson" she said with a smile. It is DELICIOUS!!! Deck 5. Of course why take a strangers word for it? I had to try one of those myself.... at 10:30 AM :) . Coffee with Baileys and Frangelico. After the stress of observing a real life Search and Rescue Mission, wondering with worry about the outcome, I definitely needed a break. :)

A cup of hot coffee on a chilly morning visiting and viewing the Fjords.... Life indeed is very very good.

P1030779

One of the nice things Regent does is to organize their Sea Days with things to do. We were invited to a cooking demonstration by the head chef. He made Norwegian Salmon Tartare with Lemon Aioli (dressed with a few capers). I did not know you never use FRESH salmon. It MUST be frozen to a certain temperature or else you can get really sick.... never knew fresh raw salmon has worms. Yuk. Also add the lemon juice just before serving as lemon will start to cook the salmon. I never would have thought to try it, but I did. Did not taste fishy and I actually liked it. I also LOVED the Mimosa's and appetizers. One which I want to make is with Boursine cheese (my favorite). They used a Ritz cracker, added a slice of a strawberry, (color and flavor) piped on Boursine cheese (It was very creamy so I wonder if cream cheese is in it) and added a touch of dill..... This is where you say Yummmmm can I have another, or two or six?

IMG 0674




IMG 0676

By going to the jewelry talks on sea days you get a raffle ticket. I drag David so we get two tickets :). Often an artisan comes onboard to sell her handcrafted one of a kind jewelry. We won $200 towards a piece of jewelry today! This must be our lucky cruise. David's Trivia team has been winning most of the games this cruise. He has lots of 3 point Regent Reward cards to turn in at the end of the cruise. I see lots of pens and suitcase tags coming our way! Bingo... and now a $200 credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment