Sunday, July 6, 2014

Karlskrona, Sweden

P1020403
P1020409
P1020412


Here we are in Karlskrona. Karlskrona, Sweden has a population of 35,000 and is spread over 30 islands in the eastern part of the Blekinge archipelago. The town was founded in 1680. The navy is the main presence here. This is what we saw..... I know sad. Today was a tender port. Instead of walking off the ship, we get tickets to take a ships shuttle to port. My 'free' booked tour was to take a bus ride to the East side to visit Kristianopel.

"Scenic drive to Torhamn. Photostop. Drive along East coast to Kristianopel, guided walking tour. Free time. Self exploration. Drive back. Stop at Bryggareberget. Drive to ship."

Today is Sunday. I made a decision to have a Sea Day in Port. On this particular cruise every day is a port. Sometimes you get ported out. Pooped out? Ported out? It is one in the same. I read and re read the shore excursions and read about the port. I always feel guilty when I don't get off the ship to see what's here. A missed opportunity, I feel. Once I made my decision I headed to the pool, iPad in hand, earphones at ready. I talked to another lade staying onboard, she laughed at me and said she did not feel guilty not going out. So, today I read at the pool. David napped. It rained. One couple I met up with said they got off the ship and hired a taxi to take them around, an independent tour some people do. Fifteen minutes later they were back at the ship.... That was it. All the shops in town were closed. Later in the day my lady friend asked if I still felt guilty. I smiled broadly and said "Not at All". I had a wonderful day relaxing and doing what I wanted to do. Finished another book and am ready for my third. The rain? Not a issue for me today. Today was mine and I took it.... :) Yeah me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment