Monday, February 3, 2014

Finally Guam

P1060805


 It took us 7 sea days and two rainbows to find Guam.

  P1060972



Guam: Worth the anticipation and wait. What did we do all the time we looked for Guam? We ate. And then we ate some more. Food remains consistently good. One night I ordered the t-bone steak and it blew me away. Lori would have LOVED it. :) The biggest steak I ever saw AND it was tender, grilled, and well flavored. I was embarrassed it was SOOO big. Couldn't finish it, or come close to finishing it. Well done Crystal. Unfortunately they decided to do their Crystal thing to my baked potato, they added celery, carrots, squash? and cheese to the top....why?

  P1060878

One afternoon I ordered their strawberry soup. Look at this..... a thing of beauty, right?

  P1060795

 I had a roast beef sandwich to die for .......

  P1060857

We had Dover Sole ........ again

  P1060834

On sea days, I love to sit at the pool and read. Love my Audio Books. Reading "The Shining", Steven King. What do I do to entertain myself when I need a book break? Besides people watching, I watch the ship rock. The water goes way way up the window then it rolls to the other side and the water goes down down down ...... way way up, way way down ..... Here is a visual for you :)

  P1060873


P1060864

P1060867

 I am sorry to say, I can easily entertain myself. Yes, I go in the pool AND the hot tub. We also attended a Magic Show, Magic Castle at Sea (The magician, David Kovacs, lives in Chicago) and a cooking class where I watched the head chef make coconut macaroons, creme brûlée, and a soufflé. He had a great french accent, even parted with his secret soufflé recipe he told us.

  P1060890P1060846

P1060850

We docked at 8 AM in Guam. Even though it is USA, we had to do face to face immigration. Guess who was first in line.

  P1060902

 David watched the Super Bowl on MONDAY in Guam ..... We are so ahead of you in time ....

  P1060913

GUAM!!!!    First time here.

We had the most BEAUTIFUL PERFECT day in the world. Sunny, a light breeze and 80 some degrees. While David watched the Super Bowl Game and headed on his WWII tour, my new best friends and I took the shuttle then a cab to beach resort where we enjoyed a day at their water park with a lazy river. We then went shopping at the very very local mall. We were greeted at the pier with music, dancing, leis, and photo ops.

 P1060917 P1060924

P1060942

P1060948

Cindy is a Rock Star in my book .... :) Having fun at the hotel store.

  P1060952

A Margarita, an inner tube, a lazy river..... What more does a girl need???

  P1060949P1060960

Thanks to new friends, Guam was a true delight. I got home before David. I later learned his scooter turned over with him in it on his tour.  He is OK.

When we left port, it started to pour as if Guam was sad I was leaving. All of the dancers stayed at the pier and waved goodbye as our ship started to sail in the rain and into the sunset...... (I am reading a lot of books, can you tell?) I hung out on my balcony waving to them too, thanking them for greeting us, taking pictures with us and staying on to say thanks for coming, do come back again.

I hope to. It is a beautiful Island. Saipan tomorrow.........





No comments:

Post a Comment