Tuesday, January 19, 2016

**MEXICO!!! Hualtuco

Haultuco

P1050722



P1050723

Guards with guns were posted throughout the little town. We were all checked, including purses, leaving as well as entering back to port. A US Coast Guard Ship always seems to show up for the day whenever a cruise ship arrives and spends their time watching over us.

  P1050716
P1050729

P1050730


I was excited to see this little town as we heard it is a new development being built for tourists, a resort destination. It has 5 bays. It was not as built up and ready for tourists as I had imagined in my mind. Hotels are going up but are currently sitting idle and lots of empty condos half built are ready for new buyers. I was thinking ... maybe the family would like to go in on a condo here! Bet the price is right. I think we have a while to wait to see how the country will develop this area, when and if.

 I took a cooking class at the Holiday Inn. The chef made Chilaquiles ( often eaten for breakfast) ... I liked this dish. He also made Oaxaca chicken stew. The tea was made from Jamaica dried flowers. It was delicious. The tour itself was almost OK. The chef did not speak English but he had a translator. I ate just a bit to be nice but did not feel safe to drink the tea.

 Next time (?, don't think so) we need to go to La Crucecita. It was cab ride away, about 35 minutes, where they have "better restaurants, cafes, and shops" we read. David is not a fan of Mexico. He did get off the ship but not excited to take a cab anywhere... :)

  P1050726

P1050727

No comments:

Post a Comment