Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day

P1070939 The crew went out of their way to make Valentines Day special on board. For some reason, I 'slept in' today and did not go for coffee until 9AM. What a difference 2 hours makes. Usually when I go to get my coffee, I am one of a few at the buffet. Today, the whole ship was there. Lesson learned. :) When I opened my door this morning, there was 'mail', Valentines from fellow cruisers. How nice was that?


P1070933 We also received chocolates. David loves that. P1070934 I did not sleep well, just feeling down with a sore throat and some congestion today. It is rainy and grey. The pool was on lock down. I am not sure why because it doesn't seem that bad outdoors. All of the pool furniture was put away and the furniture tightened down. Maybe the heaviness of the day has gotten me down. P1070930 At 11:30 we were invited to a Valentines Social. The lobby was decorated with balloons. P1070950 The entertainers did romantic numbers and everyone had the chance to dance. The bar was loaded, an
early start for a special day. It was nicely done.

 P1070967

 Champaign? P1070940    Oh, I just couldn't! P1070942


Chocolates anyone?
P1070948
David sent me some lovely roses along with a very sweet note. P1070985

We decided to switch tables this segment and are now sitting at a table for two by the window.

  P1070992
Dinner tonight? Salad for me with a champaign dressing and Dover Sole. David had Lobster salad and meatloaf. The special chocolate desert was a chocolate mousse in a chocolate shell.

  P1070994 P1070995 P1070997 P1070999 P1080004 P1080010

The evening ended with a special show that the cast put together in two days. It was a a little of everything with the theme being 'love' of course. David, as part of the chorus, was included. He was part of the cast which all chorus members thought was fun and special. There is a lot of talent on this cruise. I am in bed as I write, calling it a night. David, has another show to do :). Can you find him
here?

 P1080025

We are hearing about the nasty storms hitting the whole East Coast and hope everyone is OK. At best I hope you all have a lot of food, are well stocked, have electricity, don't have to go anywhere and have a few days off so you can just enjoy some warm fuzzy family time together. Keep warm. Stay safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment